Friday, May 8, 2009

My worst experience with one of reputed travels in India

Last Sunday I was coming from Bhavnagar (Gujarat) to Mumbai after attending one of my friend's marriage. On the way from Bhavnagar to Ahmedabad i made a call to one of my Friend to book a Bus ticket from Ahmedabad to Mumbai for me in a good Travels agency. As it was Monday i was lil confident that i will get ticket easily. A friend of mine called me back after some times and then the story begins.....

Friend called me and tell that there is a sleeper birt available in Neeta travels. When i heared the name "Neeta" i told him to book ticket. (Till that date according to me Neeta was one of famous travels in Mumbai...and I think for you its still). They charged me 800 bucks for Non A.C. Sleeper birth!!!!. I reached to Travels office and showed them my tickets...and instead of taking me to BUS they guy over there told me to sit in an auto and that auto take us to CTM Char Rasta (One of famous area on Ahmedabad-Baroda Highway). We have to pay rent for auto rickshaw also :(. Finally we reached to the BUS (Neeta's Volvo was there in my mind that time). What i saw there is a simple dabba type luxury bus (Number – GJ – 3 W 9808) with all the seats full of dust. Ghosssss…It was horrible (remember friends it was Neeta Travels).

And finally my miserable journey started. Bus driver took the bus on the way through Nadiad-Anand instead of Express Highway and he stopped to each place where he saw any one waiting for BUS. (WTF….we booked ticked from morning and someone come on the fly and got a seat). BUS took three and a half hour to reach to Baroda (110 KM from Ahmedabad).It was 10 PM and still driver was interested in collecting more Passengers (money actually) instead of make a HALT so all the Passengers in the BUS can have some food. At 11 PM he took BUS to some weird Hotel on the highway for dinner and I had worst food of my life.

After having food I asked to driver if he would again stop to each station then he answered me “Saab ye to dhandhe ka time hai…gadi to rukegi hi..aapko pasand nahi hai to utar jao”.

With my luck I was deadly tired after attending marriage; I got sleep after dinner at 11.30 and wake up when Bus reached to Chembur (Mumbai) at 10.00 AM morning (16 hour to reach to Mumbai from Ahmedabad). I got huge stomach pain after having that worst food at BEKARR hotel on highway and have to take a single day off. (Will Neeta pay my one day salary??).

This was my worst experience with one of reputed Travels in India. I really don’t know wee to complaint about these and who will hear it. I am just posting this to my blog with the hope at least no one will suffer like me next time with “Neeta”

3 comments:

Girish Advani said...

Well,I had some bad exp with travel agencies across Maharashtra. Always prefer Shreenath, Eagle, or any other reputed Gujarat based travel operator. Here in pune Travel operators are pirates in real sense. they only see money in cust. I now prefer train over bus. there r hell lot of trains from Mumbai to A'bad..
atleast u will get confirmation abt stops(halts) & travel time..
Enjoy....
Girish Advani
Pune

anaggh said...

A good one. BTW Neeta travels is not a reputed travel company in the truest sense. And most of their buses are pathetic.

Toon Indian said...

that kind of behavior is common with these so called travel agencies..the sad part is they know their counter part also offers the same stuff even worse at times!